Is your child going away to university?


Barlow Irvin’s Protection Specialist, Jade Winstanley, is always here to help. This month, she asks the question; is your child going away to university and if so, are they insured?

Some of our staff have recently had their children’s A level results. Great news all round and a few of them got their university of choice. If anyone who’s gone to university will know is one of the things you must consider is accommodation. What belongings are you going to take? Where are you going to get money from to spend on fresher’s week.  I can’t help with all these but one area I can help with is the belongs you take away.

Most people carry a smart phone and will have a laptop. A lot of students take microwaves, sandwich makers, clothes, and toiletries. What would happen if any of these items get lost or stolen? With the excitement of moving any people forget to insure their belongings in halls or student accommodation.

Luckily, Jade is happy to help with this. Some of our providers include this as standard and will cover up to £5,000.

Let Jade review your current policy, it doesn’t cost anything!

Give Jade a call on 01204 304814 or contact her through our website to chat through your requirements.

About the author 

The Barlow Irvin Team

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}